Monday, July 27, 2009

July 25th, My worst day of the year


July 25th is the day that I dread every year. It brings back all the memories of the hardest day/weekend of my life. Saying good-bye to one of the people you charish most in life is by far the hardest thing i've ever had to do. As this years July 25th came and went, not only was I happy it was over with, but I was amazed that it has already been 4 years since God called Linny up to heaven. As much as I miss her DAILY, I was surprised that it really doesnt feel like it's been 4 years. More so now then ever, I've been struggling with it a lot more then usual. With the wedding, and the building of our first home, its times like those that I feel her loss more then ever. The fact that she won't be there in person for my big special day, leaves an emptyness I thought I was prepared for. I know that the empty hole will never be filled, but I can say... on Sunny days, I do feel her with me. With the sun shining down, I can just picture her face glowing, in her nike tennis shoes, sports bra, and shorts, working in the yard. Its memories like that I will hold onto forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment