Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lot 9 it is!

Happy Thursday! Yesterday Chris and I went at 4pm to pick our lot for our house! I let Chris do that part, I dont know anyyyything about lots, their dimensions, etc. So he took the wheeel on this one! Oringally we had wanted a corner lot VERY BAD! But of course by the time we got there they were all taken =( Except one, but it was a smaller lot, and they couldnt build a house with a 3 car garage on the lot. Since a 3 car garage is one of our upgrades, it was a no go. So Chris picked one of the bigger lots, it was also the only lot left where we could have the regular roof. If you havent seen a Hayden home, they have what they call some "dog ear" roofs, which I am not thrilled about the look, but I dont hate it either. So we were excited that we were able to get a "normal" looking roof, big lot, and it was the last one =) Not to mention that the back of our house faces the main road of the development, so we will have the back side of our yard fenced already, becaue they put up a pretty brick fence that goes around the whole development, so we only will have to fence 2 sides in the back and thats it! YAY! I was planning on going and taking a picture of our dirt lot, but they havent even paved the road that runs through it yet, or seperated them out for me to be able to tell where it was. So when they get it ready for construction i'll take a picture of our dirt lot, I plan on taking TONS of pictures throughout the whole process. Christine told us that she will call us at the very LATEST in a week and a half and let us know the dates for contracts, at that time we will set up an apointment to go sign our contract and we will put down more earnest money. After that the building begins. We will know Specific dates when we go sign our contract. We will know the date they will break ground, and our finish date! She estimated yesterday the end of October or at the latest the beginning of November. I dont see it taking that long, but with the ammount of houses they have to build, I understand. We arent on a time limit, we of course just think the sooner the better!!!

With the new excitement of our home, it's been hard to get back on track with the wedding! Don't get me wrong, I'm so very excited for it, we have just been distracted the last week...which probably isnt a bad thing!!! September is sure creeping up on us!

I hope everyone has a good weekend. One of my little brothers graduates on Friday =( and then leaves in August for bootcamp for the Marines. I can't believe he's already graduating!! Although i'm so proud/excited/happy of and for him, it makes me a little sad inside! They are all growing up! and they might not always be within driving distance from me! So just enjoy the time you have.. and the visits we'll appreciate even more! We love you Hunter!

No comments:

Post a Comment