Monday, November 16, 2009

#6- Home is where the heart is

I am so very thankful for our home. I am thankful to own our own home, because I HATED renting. I am thankful to HAVE a home because I know unfortunately some people are without. I am thankful to be a first time home buyer, and not only get an AWESOME tax credit, but to get the keys to a home that WE OWN. A home we can do WHATEVER we want to. Paint whatever we want, hang whatever we want. It feels so good to walk in the front door everyday knowing that we work for our home, and the check I mail out every month is benefiting us, not some landlord! We actually (and by we I mean Chris lol) started our painting project Sunday. Saturday we bought some sample colors and tested them out. Yesterday Chris did our dining area. We painted it a burnt red which I LOVE. I think it adds SO MUCH to our home, and it makes it 100% different its crazy!! We have one more coat to do, which he is doing Tuesday night. I'm excited to see it all done with some pictures hung :) I will post some Before and After pictures on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment